Everyone loves a little color in their food, especially a beautiful pink that’s jam packed with nutrition! These Banana Beet Bakes are so good. Light, fluffy, and don’t leave much of a mess in the car when you’re having breakfast there like I have been all weekend. With just half a cup sugar in the entire batch, I’m happy when the kids reach for seconds. Happy baking!
Directions0/0 steps made
- First, and this is an important first step. You need 1-2 raw beets. When I make this I usually buy about 10 and roast them, then make all the beet recipes I can find. And I always add beet puree to our morning smoothies. That being said, you’ll roast them in the oven at 375 degrees for about 1.5 hours. Allow to cool. Peel and puree.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat together egg, oil and sugar. Add the vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients, starting with the flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Slowly add the milk. Mix until well incorporated. Batter should be thick.
- Lastly, fold in the beets.
- Grease your baking pan. Fill the molds 3/4 full. Once that’s done, slice a banana and place the pcs on top of the raw batter before putting into the oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool and enjoy!
There’s many baking pans out there, but I’m in love with the specific one in the picture above. It’s from my girl whose a BIG foodie. Link is below. It’s non stick, super easy to clean, and all around square!
Love This Post?
Subscribe to get posts like this delivered to your inbox every week