‘Run run as fast as you can, you can’t catch me-‘ CHOMP. Yes I can. And you were delicious.
These gingerbread men are really yummy and fun to make with kids! This kid friendly recipe will quickly become a holiday favourite!
Directions0/0 steps made
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon and cloves until well blended.
- In a large bowl, beat butter sugar and eggs until well combined.
- Add the vanilla, molasses and lemon zest.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing well. Mix until smooth.
- The dough should have a nice brown shiny colour to it.
- Now split the dough in half. Wrap each half in plastic wrap and allow to rest 2-4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare your baking trays by lining them with parchment paper.
- Lightly flour the surface you’re working on. Take half the dough and roll out with a rolling pin. Use more flour as needed if you find the dough too sticky.
- With a cookie cutter cut out your desires shapes
- Place on baking tray and bake for 7-9 minutes
- Eat! Then decorate. Then eat! And enjoy 🙂
Love This Post?
Subscribe to get posts like this delivered to your inbox every week