This dish is amazing. Who knew beans could taste so good. This is my favourite vegetarian recipe.
I love serving this with a salad that has tortilla chips, or even just tortilla chips, sour cream & salsa. It has a nice Mexican flavour. Here it is…
Directions0/0 steps made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease baking dish. Set aside.
- Cook quinoa using 1 1/2 cup broth. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Mince the garlic then cook in olive oil (make sure oil is hot). Chop the orange pepper and allow to cook with garlic.
- Add cumin, salt & pepper, tomato sauce and broth. If the mixture is too thick, add a bit of water. Bring to boil and allow to simmer for 3/4 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix quinoa, jalapeño (chilies), corn, beans, half the cilantro and 1/2 cup of the cheese. Mix well then spread in baking dish. Top with sauce and rest of the cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake until cheese is all melted, about 20-25 minutes.
- Once out of the oven, allow to cool for 5 minutes. Top with green onion, avocado and fresh tomato. Serve!
- My favourite way to eat this is with tortilla chips served with some sour cream and salsa. Enjoy!
A Bit About Quinoa…
Quinoa. Let’s talk quinoa. In the year 2013, quinoa was officially declared one of the worlds healthiest foods. It is rich in protein, fibre, iron, copper, thiamin, vitamin B6, magnesium, phosphorus, manganese and folate.
Really? All that in one grain? Yup! It also promotes healthy tissue growth throughout the body. Makes you wanna eat this every day.
Give these recipes a try and feel good about yourself.
Love This Post?
Subscribe to get posts like this delivered to your inbox every week