The aroma of all these ingredients together really makes for an wonderful muffin. Even the batter smells amazing. The baked honey, vanilla and cashews, this is officially my favorite baked good. It’s not your typically sweet muffin so don’t expect a sweet treat. No refined sugars, just the honey in the batter. As soon as it comes out of the oven slice one in half, put some butter and honey in the center and close it back up so they melt together like a smooth chocolate. Yes….I have a serious love for food. Enjoy these, and give me a tag when you bake them, @mothermayibake
***Yields 12 muffins
Directions0/0 steps made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease your muffin tin (I use coconut oil) and set aside.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, beat together eggs, honey and oil.
- Add the vanilla and a pinch of salt next. Beat well.
- Add the flour, baking powder and baking soda. Once all the dry ingredients are in mix well.
- Slowly add the milk, mixing as you incorporate it into your batter. If you need a splash more than a cup, add it now.
- Crush the cashews before adding them to the batter. You can save some for garnish on top. I put the nuts in between a paper towel (ziplock bag works too) and crush them with a spoon. Then hand mix them into the batter.
- Fill the muffin tins about 3/4 full. Place in oven for 15 minutes (that was my golden number) or until done. You can place a toothpick in a muffin and make sure it comes out clean to check if it’s done.
- Allow to cool. Add some butter while still warm and enjoy.
Love This Post?
Subscribe to get posts like this delivered to your inbox every week