LOVE LOVE LOVE this recipe. Yah, I’m a custard fan. I love Crème Brûlée, vanilla pudding and love custard. This is a simple go to recipe you can bookmark and add to pies, tarts, cups and even rice pudding-we just add cooked rice. It’s delicious, smooth, creamy and highlights all the features that make custard so good. This recipe calls for egg yolks. It is tricky to use just the yolk so we crack the egg right down the middle (we try) and pour the egg yolk from shell to shell until the whites fall off. Works great! Enjoy the recipe.
- Try and keep your ingredients room temperature, it works best for this recipe. In a small mixing bowl, add the cornstarch. Then crack the 4 egg yolks in. Mix well until it forms a thick yellow texture.
- On low-medium heat, place a pot on the stove. Add the milk, cream and sugar and pinch of salt. Whisk continuously until salt and sugar have dissolved. This takes 2-3 minutes.
- Slowly pour the yolk mixture into the pan, continuously whisking. Make sure it does not burn. Adjust to medium heat and keep whisking every 30 seconds. You’ll want to keep on the heat until it bubbles and thickens, about 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Once removed from heat, add the vanilla and butter and whisk well. Test taste, it should be delicious.
- Put a lid on top to avoid a skin from forming. Allow to cool and serve. This can sit in the fridge as well. Pour into glass cups (as seen in picture), top with fruits, waffles and whip cream and indulge! Be sure to tag @mothermayibake in your creations.
Love This Post?
Subscribe to get posts like this delivered to your inbox every week