I’m not a vegan, but appreciate the diet. Clean, healthy and so much fun trying different recipes to hit all the food preferences. The funny thing about meat is do you really know what it taste like? You can’t eat it not spiced. Or raw. It’s quite bland actually and there is nothing you can do with it until you cook it properly and season it tastefully. Same with beans. But beans have a higher nutritional value overall and you never have to worry about the cooking time. As a Mom, I budget my groceries well and this is why I love this recipe. If I can cook for my family using a $1.08 can of beans I’m all over it. Knowing it is healthy and affordable gives me a great piece of mind. These incredibly healthy, fragrant vegan burgers are a hit all around. Top it however you like, but I’m a big fan of arugula, tomato and feta as my toppings. Give them a go!
Directions0/0 steps made
- In a food processor, combine all the ingredients. Process on high speed for about 2 minutes.
- The patty should be white with a fragrant smell of basil, similar to a smooth almost white clay.
- It should be soft and easy to play with. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease your parchment paper and place on baking pan.
- Take out a spoonful of the bean mixture and roll it in your hands forming a patty. Should be the size of your palm, about 1-2cm thick. Place on baking sheet.
- Continue until your entire batter is done. Place in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until it looks slightly crispy.
- Allow to cool (they harden as they cool) and assemble the burger. Enjoy!
A nice thing with this recipe is it can be eaten cold as well. Goes great in kids lunches with a honey mustard dip, goes great in wraps and so much more. It’s so versatile this will be a weekly recipe in your household. Don’t feel guilty eating seconds!
Love This Post?
Subscribe to get posts like this delivered to your inbox every week