Cornbread is one of my favorite baked goods. Just so good, so pretty, simple and sweet. I’m often looking for a good recipe but there’s so many that have all the twists, spices, jalepenos and much more. So I finally bring to you and very basic but incredibly delicious Simply Sweet Cornbread recipe. At the time I did not have buttermilk and used table cream (insert shrug emoji here) and it turned out great. But here we go with the proper buttermilk recipe…
Directions0/0 steps made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line your baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl beat together the melted butter, sugar and eggs. Mix well.
- Add the cornmeal. Continue mixing until you have a very pretty yellow smooth mixture.
- Add the baking powder and slowly add the flour, continually beating on medium low.
- Once all ingredients are mixed well into a smooth mixture, pour into baking pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. You’re looking for a golden yellow finish on top.
- Serve with butter and enjoy!
Love This Post?
Subscribe to get posts like this delivered to your inbox every week