My favorite recipes are the ones that perfectly combine savory and sweet. The pancakes are both beautiful and delectable. The vibrant purple comes from fresh roasted beets. Beet pancakes? Absolutely. I love the natural color real foods bring – hate food colorings and artificial ingredients. And as you know, beets are a low carb root vegetable providing a great source of fiber, folate and vitamin C. Beets are also known to lower blood pressure. Next time you are grocery shopping, don’t walk past this superfood.
When you’re making these, different pancake batters ask for different ratios. Alter the water as needed. You’re looking for a more liquid consistency and a thin pancake so it cooks thoroughly.
Directions0/0 steps made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees C.
- Prepare a small baking sheet brushed with olive oil. Peel and slice the beet and place on baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the salt and basil on the beets, enough to taste. Place in oven for 30 minutes, or until tender.
- Prepare your pancake batter, watching your water to flour ratio so it’s consistent with your directions on your pancake bag. Add the chai seeds here.
- Once the beet is done, remove from heat and blend in Nutri-Bullet (any blender will work). Add some water for consistency.
- Pour the beets (should be liquid) into the pancake batter.
- Heat your frying pan and melt the butter. Add some batter, keeping it thin. Cook like normal pancakes.
- Once they’re ready, dip in yogurt and eat! Each time you take a big purple bite, remember all the nutrients and antioxidants you’re enriching your body with. Enjoy!
Love This Post?
Subscribe to get posts like this delivered to your inbox every week