Summer is full of cold treats, refreshing drinks, and all accompanied with an ample amount of sugar. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not a sugar free Mama – the kids get their share of treats. But come summer, I find them asking for ice-cream daily. So we made some Nice Cream 🙂 It’s good enough for a cold treat, and healthy enough for breakfast. I call this a win-win!
You know when you have REALLY ripe bananas hanging around, your immediate thought is banana bread? Well, we’re going to change that to Banana Nice Cream. Next time you have a few you’re wanting to rid, peel them, bag em and freeze em. When this recipe calls, use em!
Directions0/0 steps made
- Peel 3-5 ripe bananas. Place them in a ziplock and freeze them preferably over night otherwise a few hours will work.
- Place frozen bananas in Vitamix blender. Add 2 cups frozen cherries, or any favorite frozen berry.
- Add Coconut milk and vanilla and blend.
- Depending on consistency desired, feel free to add a little more milk.
- Once done, spatula out into pan and freeze additional half hour. It should scoop right out when ready.
- Top with sliced almonds and enjoy!
Love This Post?
Subscribe to get posts like this delivered to your inbox every week