Fresh Fruit and sticky scones, the perfect way to start any morning. This recipe is easy (and fun) enough to get the kids involved. It’s a messy, sticky finger morning! We smother these with strawberry jam while they’re still warm. YUM!
Directions0/0 steps made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Whisk together all dry ingredients.
- Slowly cut in butter until batter is course. I usually use my hands for this.
- Gradually pour in buttermilk. Keep working the batter until it becomes sticky and ragged. Add more flour if needed.
- Add the strawberries but do not over mix.
- lightly flour your baking sheet.
- We keep this messy-break off a small fist sized piece. Roll and flatted with hands and place on baking sheet. Do this until the whole batch is finished.
- Brush the raw scones with egg-wash and place in the oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes of until golden brown.
- Allow to cool and enjoy – PS: jam or butter (or both) goes best on these 🙂
Love This Post?
Subscribe to get posts like this delivered to your inbox every week