1. In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar. Add the eggs one at a time and mix well.
2. Add the lemon juice, zest and vanilla. Mix until fluffy.
3. Mix in the flour and baking powder. Slowly add the milk as you mix the batter.
4. Fold in the blackberries gently. You don’t want them to break, use a spatula to mix them in.
5. Pour batter in greased square pan and place into the oven. Bake for 19 minutes at 400 degrees.
I use the Pampered Chef square pan, LOVE IT! Doesn’t stick and perfect squares every. single. time!
Love This Post?
Subscribe to get posts like this delivered to your inbox every week