I LOVE LOVE LOVE this frosting from Canadian Living !
It’s easy, and so nice to work with. I’ve tried MANY frostings and icings over the years, and this one is hands down my favorite.
Use it on the Easy Easter Cake recipe. Here it is!
Directions0/0 steps made
- In a saucepan, whisk together flour, sugar, cornstarch and salt until combined. Gradually add milk and whisk until smooth.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil, 6-8 minutes.
- Whisk constantly until bubbling and resembles a thick paste. Mix in vanilla.
- Remove from heat and scrape into shallow bowl. Place over ice bath, stirring occasionally until cold.
- In a separate bowl beat butter on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes.
- Slowly beat in flour mixture a few tablespoons at a time. You want this mixture fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Texture should be perfect! You can refrigerate before using. Such a delicate, easy to use icing. Enjoy!
Love This Post?
Subscribe to get posts like this delivered to your inbox every week