I have to give credit to Liam, my oldest for this. He loves Eggplants, one of his favorite foods. As well as pizza. But he never eats the crust of the pizza (I will never know why!?). This is his solution to not throw away crusts anymore (or have me eat them). So I am really proud of his creativity here, because this works! And when the kids come up with a food themselves, they EAT IT ALL. There isn’t an exact set of ingredients here, it’s the process that is important here, and you can improvise on the toppings. When we make this, we make individual ones and no two are ever the same.
Directions0/0 steps made
- First you want to slice the eggplant. You can slice it sushi style or long ways. Both work, depending on the size of the pizza you prefer. You need to roast the eggplant prior to putting the toppings on.
- Line a baking dish with parchment paper. Drizzle some olive oil and salt on the paper.
- Slice up the eggplant and lay it on the baking tray
- Drizzle with more olive oil
- Spice with salt, pepper, basil and oregano
- Roast for 30 minutes @ 375 degrees F
- Remove from heat. Spread some sauce on each eggplant spice. Add desired toppings.
- My favorite is: pizza sauce, spinach leaves, chickpeas, and feta cheese – and once it’s out, drizzled with balsamic vinegar
- Once toppings are on, put back into oven for 25-30 minutes @ 375 degrees F
- You know have an eggplant, crust free pizza 🙂
Love This Post?
Subscribe to get posts like this delivered to your inbox every week