These are SOOOOO good! And so easy to put together. And really nice to look at. Very healthy, and for a vegan version simply skip the cheese!
Directions0/0 steps made
- Preheat oven to 357 degrees.
- Mushrooms first. Wash them and peel off any unwanted pieces. Remove the stems. Lay them to dry or pat dry with a paper towel.
- Prepare a baking dish. Line it with a sheet of parchment paper. Drizzle half the oil on top.
- Place the mushrooms on the sheet. Pour remaining olive oil over each mushroom. Sprinkle your spices on top, the salt, pepper, cumin and basil. For a stronger cumin flavor (I love it with back beans) feel free to use more. Spice to desired liking.
- Bake the mushrooms for 25 minutes.
- Get the black beans, quinoa and cheese (unless you’re using vegan method, skip the cheese) ready. On a side note, cooking your quinoa in a mushroom broth instead of water brings a beautiful flavor to the grain.
- Once the mushrooms are ready, pull them out. Place about a tbsp of black beans and quinoa in each one. Top with cheese.
- Place back in the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Once they’re done, garnish with tomatoes, green onion and any other favorite toppings.
- You’re all done, slice in and enjoy!
Love This Post?
Subscribe to get posts like this delivered to your inbox every week