I’m a big matcha fan, love love loooooove it! I loved it so much I baked it and ate it. Here are some health benefits of matcha, followed by the recipe of one of my fav cookies.
Directions0/0 steps made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Let’s start with the almond flour! I actually blended some almonds using my Magic Bullet. I didn’t grind them coarsely, but enough that it’s close to a flour texture, leaving some almond chunks in there. If you have almond flour on hand, measure out about 1 1/4 cup and keep it aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add the almond milk, vanilla, egg and beat for another minute.
- Add both your flours, matcha, baking powder, salt and coconut.
- Mix well. A thick sticky batter should form.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter by the tablespoon on to your prepared baking sheets.
- Place in oven for 13-15 minutes, or until edges start taking on a brown colour.
- Allow to cool before serving and enjoy!
A bit about why I love Matcha:
High in Antioxidants, loaded with Catechin, boosts memory, increases energy & endurance levels and detoxifies the body. It also helps to relax the body, some say it puts the body in a meditative state while still being completely alert. Looks like you can eat these cookies guilt free!
Love This Post?
Subscribe to get posts like this delivered to your inbox every week