Those are 3 of my favorite foods right there. And to mix them all together and then bake them…WOW. They are all nutritious and delicious. Let’s talk avocado.
Why I Love Avocados:
Let’s talk avocado! An avocado has more potassium than a banana! I know, pretty awesome. They help lower cholesterol levels. They are LOADED with fibre an vitamins. In just 100g of avocado, you’ll find this nutritious jam packed fruit contains Vitamin K, Folate, vitamin C, Vitamin B5, B6, vitamin E and more!
The good fat is what it’s known as. When you’re baking, we use many forms of fat including butter, mayo, coconut oil, cooking oil and more. You need a fat in baking. Fat gives a very moist result, as well as:
- tenderizing the product
- creates volume
- transfers heat throughout the baked good without burning
- enables the browning process
- tastes good!
Now that you’ve learned a little bit more about avocado, let’s try the recipe. What I’ve done is completely substituted the butter (or fat) with an avocado, and it turned out delicious! You’ll need a large ripe avocado here. The riper the better.
Directions0/0 steps made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- The first thing you’re going to do is beat the avocado. I use a handheld mixer and give it a good mix (for about a minute).
- Add the coconut sugar and beat until smooth.
- Add your eggs one at a time. Continue beating.
- Add the vanilla and yogurt.
- Add the lemon zest.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add this to the avocado mixture. Combine well.
- Slowly pour the almond milk on top.
- Fold in the bananas and blueberries. Mix well.
- Pour into prepared muffin tins and pop in the oven.
- Bake for about 23-25 mins or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool and serve.
Love This Post?
Subscribe to get posts like this delivered to your inbox every week