This is the first recipe that I’ve ever posted online! Almond milk is a big fave of mine and is absolutely delicious homemade. Just a few notes for ya about the ingredients: The dates (besides nutritional value) provide a nice flavour. The cinnamon is optional, but it provides a great smell and taste! The store bought Almond Milks are good, but LOADED with sugar. Making your own is easy, cheaper and healthier.
What you’ll need:
- Blender: I LOVE my Vitamix Blender. I use it for all my milk making and for perfect smoothies. I can assure you, it’s WORTH it.
- Strainer Bag: This is the one that I have and it works great. If you don’t have one on hand cheesecloth will work, too.
Directions0/0 steps made
- Rinse and soak the almonds. You’ll want to soak them for 6-8 hours. After about 3 hours give them a rinse and continue the soaking process.
- Simply throw all your ingredients into the blender and blend on high. Watch as this delicious white liquid comes together!
- After all is mixed, grab your strainer bag. You’ll want to get it ready and wrap it over a bowl big enough to handle everything in the blender. Slowly pour.
- Once all the contents are poured in, keep squeezing the bag until ALLLLL the milk is out. This will take you a few minutes and some hard squeezes. The leftover ‘pulp’ in the bag should be almost dry.
- Hang on to this almond meal – more on this below!
- You’re almost done! All you need is to pour the final contents into a bottle and store it.
- Label it and you’re all done! Easy right? After tasting this you’ll never buy almond milk again! This usually lasts in the fridge for about a week.
Extras With This Recipe:
- Hang on to the leftover almond meal (as mentioned above) because I’ve got some great recipes to make with this! The meal also has a hint of cinnamon and vanilla so it will make these recipes more flavourful.
- Also, it’s more moist (and fresh!) than store bought almond meal. Keep it around for some amazing baking!
- Put a twist on your almond milk, add some cocoa! The store bought Almond Milks are good, but LOADED with sugar. Making your own is easy, cheaper and healthier.
Love This Post?
Subscribe to get posts like this delivered to your inbox every week