Love these mini delicious apple wonders. This recipe is so easy you’ll never buy a pie again, or that canned filling. Nothing tops homemade apple pie. So much fresher.
You can also use this in a full pie, but I like these mini ones once in a while. Alright let’s talk about how to make them…
Directions0/0 steps made
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease a mini muffin tray.
- Dice the apples. Throw them in a bowl and add the apple pie spice, brown sugar and cinnamon. Toss until all the apples are coated.
- Heat the butter in a frying pan. Cook the apples.
- Add the cornstarch. Cook until semi-soft (about 10-12 minutes)
- Roll out the crust and insert into the tray.
- Pour apples until full (they won’t rise so don’t worry).
- Fold the edges over and bake!
For the crust, use my recipe for Perfect Pie Crust! It’s simple and fail-proof. Every. Single. Time.
Apple Pie Spice
- 4 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
Adjust to your liking. I use this spice throughout the entire holiday season!
Love This Post?
Subscribe to get posts like this delivered to your inbox every week