Ahhhhh love this. I love this cause it’s absolutely PERFECT!
There is so many (TOO MANY!) pie crust recipes floating around. But this one is a solid one. You cannot mess it up. Moist, beautiful crust. Cooks wonderfully. Perfect for pies, tarts, and more.
Directions0/0 steps made
- Mix 2 cups of the flour and salt in a large bowl. You’ll save the last half cup flour for powdering the surface. You can add more as needed when your dough is formed.
- Slowly cut in the butter and lard.
- In a small bowl, whisk the sour cream with the ice water. You don’t want any clumps.
- Slowly add to the large bowl. Don’t over mix. Hand mix works best.
- If it’s too wet you can add more flour as needed here.
- Let the dough settle. Flour your surface and roll it out.
- It’s ready to use! My first to go is pie, feel free to click around for some great recipes. Happy Baking!
This dough can stay in the fridge for up to 3 days. Before using it, take out of fridge and allow to reach room temp. Don’t use it cold it hardens and become difficult to use.
I use this recipe for pie, mini tarts, butter tarts and find it is just the best one. I use it for everything that needs a crust! Bakes at 375 degrees F for about 20-25 min or until crust is golden.
Love This Post?
Subscribe to get posts like this delivered to your inbox every week