Hummuccine. Combo of hummus and fettuccine? And vegan? YES YES and more YES! This is an Epic Eat indeed. I have to give Hummus the credit here, such a versatile, delicious dish. Who knew we could use it as a pasta base. Making it a much healthier alternative to your original Alfredo sauce. And ohhh all the flavors! As you know I have a line of hummus dips. The Spicy one would be delicious here. I have yet to try the others, but I’ll stop talking and give you the best dish I’ve ever made. Here it goes…
Directions0/0 steps made
- We’re going to start with the pasta. Fill a large pot with water. Add some salt. Bring to boil and add your pasta. I used Capellini, a thinner spaghetti noodle. Any pasta works here. Check the time on the box for how long to boil.
- Next, bring out your favorite cooking pan. Use your favorite one because this is the best dish you’ll ever make.
- On medium heat, heat up the oil. Avoid butter to keep it vegan, otherwise don’t be shy.
- Add one cup fresh spinach to the hot pan. Mix for about 30 seconds, then add the mushrooms.
- Allow to simmer for a minute or two until the spinach turns a darker green. Add the spices.
- Salt, pepper, basil and oregano. You don’t need garlic, as the hummus brings the fresh garlic flavor.
- Turn off the heat, but keep pan on stove. Add the MotherMayiBake Hummus and pasta water. You’re 2 minutes away from a completed dish.
- Add your pasta (removing hot from the boiling water with tongs). Mix well until your dish comes together as a perfectly incorporated white sauce pasta. You’ll know when it’s ready as soon as it looks irresistible to eat.
- Pour into serving bowl. Garnish with anything you like. And enjoy <3 If you’re making this, please tag me! I’d love to see. Happy eating!
Love This Post?
Subscribe to get posts like this delivered to your inbox every week