Strawberries are a beautiful, sweet summer staple. Combining them with my favorite fresh herb; Basil, fills your home with a smell you’ll crave for days. This easy tea biscuit recipe combines best of both worlds, a savoury green with a sweet red to bring you biscuits that you’ll make over and over.
Directions0/0 steps made
- Beat the egg in a small dish and set aside.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients.
- Once mixed together cut in the butter. I usually hand mix this.
- Slowly add the milk. Mix as you pour it in. You’re looking for a course crumble like batter here.
- Add the strawberries. You can cut them any way you desire. They will wet the batter so add additional milk/flour depending on how wet/dry the batter is. Add the fresh basil.
- Enjoy this aroma, it’s my favorite.
- Flour a clean surface and roll the dough with a rolling pin. Roll about 1cm thick.
- Using a small cup or cookie cutter cut into desired shapes.
- Lightly flour your baking sheet and place the raw tea biscuits on top.
- Brush the egg-wash on to the top of your biscuits.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before eating.
Love This Post?
Subscribe to get posts like this delivered to your inbox every week